Who we are
Accelerated Education, with its own Tuition Centre and Publishing Company, traces its roots back to 1989.
- In that year, Stephen Curran began teaching children to prepare them for the 11 plus examination for state grammar school entry.
- Stephen developed his methodologies focusing on a traditional and logical step-by-step approach to teaching. The success achieved by his pupils lead to a substantial demand for his tutoring service and practices.
AE Tuition expanded rapidly and additional teachers and support staff were employed.
- AE Tuition’s tuition centre at Slough was opened in 2006
- Today over 1,400 pupils attend each year.
- A staff of up to 15 teachers and 120 supervisors and teaching assistants deliver our 11 Plus preparation courses .
- Between 80% - 86% of children who attend our 11 Plus preparation courses for a year or more achieve a pass score for a grammar school placement or independent school of their choice. Most of these children achieve Level 5 in SATs (some achieve level 6). We are proud of their success.
AE Tuition is passionate about education, beyond just preparing students for their 11+ exams. We work with children in the Primary and early Secondary school age groups, to help prepare them for:
- Consortium for Selective Schools in Essex (CSSE) exams
- Centre for Evaluations and Monitoring (CEM) exams
- National Foundation for Education and Research (NFER) - Granada Learning (GL Assessment) exams
- Northern Ireland Transfer Tests - Post Primary Transfer Consortium (PPTC) and Association for Quality Education (AQE) exams
For Tuition Enquiries
Tel: 020 8867 2727
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-1.30pm
We are pleased to announce that AE Tuition Ltd has purchased an additional new centre which is currently being refurbished for September 2016.
Technology House, Waterside Drive, Langley, SL3 6EZ