11 Plus Preparation Courses and Course Books
Our workbooks prepare students for CEM and NFER/GL Assessment 11+ Examinations
Accelerated Education, with its own tuition centre and publishing company, traces its roots back to 1989.
- In that year, Stephen Curran began teaching children to prepare them for the 11 plus examination for state grammar school entry.
- Stephen developed his methodologies focusing on a traditional and logical step-by-step approach to teaching. The success achieved by his pupils lead to a substantial demand for his tutoring service and practices.
AE Tuition expanded rapidly and additional teachers and support staff were employed.
- AE Tuition’s tuition centre at Slough was opened in 2006
- Today over 700 pupils attend each year.
- A staff of almost 100 teachers and teaching assistants deliver our 11 Plus preparation courses .
- Over 85% of children who attend our 11 Plus preparation courses for a year or more achieve a pass score for a grammar school placement or independent school of their choice. We are proud of their success.
AE Publications began publishing educational books in 2000.
- These books are easy to follow and use for home tutoring.
- 11 Plus Workbooks and 11 Plus Testbooks are used to teach all core subjects in the tuition centre.
- 11 Plus Maths covers topics such as numbers, data handling, shape, space and measures.
- 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning covers topics like alphabet reasoning, word patterns and codes, vocabulary with spelling and vocabulary with meaning.
- 11 Plus Non-Verbal Reasoning covers topics like elements, movements, manipulations, patterns and layering.
- 11 Plus Spelling and Vocabulary boosts comprehension and word power skills.
- 11 Plus Creative Writing covers topics like generating story ideas, literary and grammatical devices, story dialogue and character development.
We also recommend and supply:
Starfish Asia Charity
AE Tuition supports Starfish Asia in its work to provide education for underprivileged children in Pakistan.